Incentives for Doing Business in SC
South Carolina offers a variety of competitive and customized incentive programs to meet any company’s needs. The state’s leadership takes pride in being accessible to companies of any size, which is why small companies and large corporations alike recognize the business climate in South Carolina as one of the best in the nation.
Corporate income tax credits:
- Job Tax Credit
- Corporate Headquarters Credit
- Research and Development Credit
- Investment Tax Credit
- Biomass Resources Credit
Discretionary income, license or withholding tax incentives:
- Job Development Credit
- Job Retraining Credit
- Corporate Income Tax Moratorium
- International Trade Incentive Program-Port Volume Increase Credit
Discretionary property tax incentives:
- Negotiated Fee in Lieu of Property Tax
Other discretionary incentives:
- readySC™ (customized workforce training program)
- Apprenticeship Carolina™
- Foreign Trade Zones
Does your business buy South Carolina agricultural products?
South Carolina provides a possible income tax credit or withholding tax credit to agribusiness or agricultural packaging operations. Click Agribusiness Tax Credit below to learn more and apply.